Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Global Warming melted my brain tonight

We had parent/teacher conferences tonight and after putting in a twelve hour day, I have no brain cells left, so I am recycling a poem that somewhat fits the "Got away with it," Scintilla prompt. This is based on an experience I had while attending AWP in 2000.

Comment Card at the Ramada Inn
In Downtown Albany, New York

by Laura Moe

The value of the room? Honey,
I’ve stayed in Red Roof Inns
that were nicer, for half the price,
and your restaurant leaves
a lot to be desired.
While I’m at it, I’d like
to complain about the guy
in the room across the courtyard.
In the middle of the night, I got
up to close the window because I
was cold. There he stood at his window,
butt naked, lights on. I watched
for a few minutes: He paraded
in front of his open drapes, alone,
and rubbed his arc of a belly like a lucky stone.
He sat on the bed nearest the window
and faced me. He held his penis
in his hand, gazed in my direction.
Looked straight at me,
penetrated the glass;
dared me to keep watching.

#

Today's prompt from me: Write about something off-kilter that happened to you.



Happy Writing.

1 comment:

  1. Ew, that guy.
    You've perfectly described every nondescript mid priced hotel in the world, except for the bonus exhibitionist.

    ReplyDelete